Wednesday, April 9, 2008

favorite pictures and important pictures

I love pictures and more importantly I love that pictures can express whats important to us or what we like. For example, the pictures I put on the side of my blog. I have pictures of my friend Brooke performing on American Idol. I have a cute picture of Brody pointing to the sky. I put pictures of bands Jake and I love. I included places Jake and I have been too. I also made sure to include a picture of the last Harry Potter book. So I decide to post favorite pictures of mine. One captures a period of my life. Some are of the people that are important to me and some are just pictures that I like! They are not really in order.
A picture of my family we took in December of 2006 just a couple months before my brother came back from his mission. I love this picture because not only does it include my whole family (except my lil' bro) but because it includes recent and big additions to the family (The Lewis family don't take family pictures very often). My sister Jada married her husband Jarom in Aug 2005 and they had a baby girl, Eva in Aug 2006. Also my other sister Kinsey just about a month after this picture was taken married Jordan. And of course Jake and Brody are additions to the family - Brody obviously a recent addition.

This is a picture of Jake's family. This is the Miller family as of December 2005. Unlike the last picture, this picture captures the past of the Miller family since so much has happened since this picture was taken. Biggest change and most difficult is the loss of the father of this family, Cliff Miller. But also some happier changes has been the addition of two grandchildren. Sarah and Jared welcomed Evan in Nov 2006. In this picture I am about 3 months pregnant with Brody and he arrived in June 2006.

I don't have lots of friends and never really have. Throughout my life I usually only have a couple close friends. Starting in Jr High these beautiful girls in the picture above saved me from the abyss of no social life and not only no social life but no fun social life. Several years ago these girls were my life. I lived with them and spent all my time with them and talked with them for hours a day. Times have changed and we have all since married and had children and have less time to devote to each other. That's life and I am happy we have all found wonderful husbands and have cute children. But when we get together again or talk its like old times but we are just talking about poopy diapers! This picture was taken of the girls while they were waiting for me when I was getting my wedding pictures taken at the temple the day before Jake and I got married in December 2003.

This picture is of the most adorable golden retriever that Jake and I bought for my birthday in February 2005. His name was Topher. It was a lesson learned by Jake and I that when people are working and not at home very often they should not buy a puppy. We loved him very much and in the end we found a very loving couple who were great with him and were able to train him and give him the time and attention he needed. I love dogs so much so it was a bit heart-breaking for me (I know that might sound crazy to some). It was a situation that Jake and I learned a lot from. Think decisions through, even ones that don't seem that big of a deal!

This is a picture I took of my desk a week before I quit working full time. Before having Brody I worked at a place called Rider Hunt Levett & Bailey in Scottsdale. I include this picture because working at Rider Hunt, as silly as it sounds, really helped to form who I am as an adult. I learned endurance, patience, self-control, professionalism, organization, gained knowledge and many other qualities. I had to work with people who were horribly rude to me at times, I gained respect from my managers and I worked with some wonderful and great people. I made lots of friends who I dearly miss. I worked there for five years and considering my age I feel like it was quite an accomplishment. So this picture is a tribute to those years!

This is one of the few pictures that I don't mind how I look and I like how Jake and I look together. It is from December of 2005 (man a lot of these pictures are from 2005). Jake and I are about to go out for our 2nd year wedding anniversary. So I like the picture and how we look (which is rare that I feel that way about pictures I am in) and I like the occasion we are celebrating!
In this picture Brody is not yet a day old. Brody is giving us the one eye look. It's almost like he is looking out of one eye to see if he cares enough about what he is seeing to open both his eyes.
Brody is around 7 months old in this picture. I am on the couch making sure Brody doesn't fall and his Aunt Becky is playing peek-a-boo down the hall. She was able to capture his adorable and cute face. I love it because it is a reminder that Brody is a very happy child (aside from ear infections and teething pain and such).
This is one of my most favorite pictures of Brody. He is about 6 months old in the picture. We are getting ready to celebrate New Years with Jake's family. Not only is Brody wearing an extremely adorable onesie (thank you Auntie Amber) but his facial expression is priceless!


So those are some of my favorite pictures capturing great memories and showing some of my favorite people who are so important to me.

1 comment:

Smith Crew said...

I loved looking at all those pics. The one of Brody in the onsie I got him (thank you thank you) and the one of me and Nats! How funny that was almost 5 years ago! I hope you know YOU saved me from becoming a loner-social-outcast myself. Remember you and Jeff and Finau found me in the library at lunch?? Alone?! You're the best Golda-- I love you you know :)