Thursday, April 10, 2008

Brody did a bad thing!

You know how some babies and toddler go through a phase where they get into their diaper and either take it off or play with whats inside? If you do I hope you are one of those people who have only heard stories and not experienced it first-hand. I have heard in some of these stories that sometimes the children will try to take off their clothes as well. For both of these, before today, Brody has done neither. He almost never messes with his clothes or tries to take them off. Also Brody very rarely plays with his diaper and NEVER played with whats inside. There is the occasion when I have his clothes off and he is just in his diaper and he will start to mess with the sides a little bit.

So today Brody did something that he has NEVER done before. He was watching Dora the Explorer and I noticed he was pushing, grunting and he was red in the face and I guessed he probably pooped. I finished what I was doing, which really probably only took a minute maybe two, then I got the stuff out to change him (wipes, powder, changing pad, diaper and all). While I am doing this I notice Brody is licking his fingers. I know I didn't give him any food. I then just shrugged it off and assumed he found a crumb on the floor or something. When I laid him down to change him I looked at what was on both of his hands and around his mouth --- POOP!!! My son was eating his poop. Now from the looks of his hands he didn't have that much so he probably couldn't have eaten that much off of it BUT STILL, EATING ANY POOP IS BAD. I was so mad, I mean he had his shirt and his sweats on still but he must have reached down with his little hands and at least touched enough to get on his hands. Then Brody must have proceeded to think that he would eat what was on his hand, even though just five or ten minutes earlier I offered him a banana and yogurt!

I know that this happens and I know that it is pointless to be mad but it was so unexpected. Brody has never come close to doing anything like this before. Now I am paranoid and want to go back to dressing him in onesies as much as possible because I am sure it would be extremely difficult for him to get his hands in his diaper if he is dressed in a onesie.
So that was my interesting incident from today. If nothing else being a mom keeps you on your toes and there is always new things happening!!

1 comment:

Smith Crew said...

Oh no!! He ate his poop?! Oh the fascination kids have with their bodily functions... It's all a process right? My aunt accidentally ate her daughter's poo. Now that's awful. She thought it was meatloaf!! Does that remind you of 30 Rock? "Oh he can just eat my poo!" Funny. So we need to find a day you and Nats can come over and chill with me and Ivy :)