Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sad news

Suki died yesterday Tuesday January 8th 2008


She was 14 years old (in human years)

My family (the Lewis family) got a dog about 11 years ago. Her name was Suki - we didn't pick the name the previous owners did and with 8 people in the family wanting 8 different names a new one never stuck. Suki was a wonderful dog. She was three when we got her so the hassle of dealing with a puppy and training it was already done for us by the time we got her. Suki could stay inside up to 8 hours without having to go out to the bathroom. She was a very fun dog to play with. Suki was amazing at knowing when she needed to be more gentle because she was playing with a young child and she knew to step it up and be more rough when playing with adults. There are so many memories relating to Suki. There were times when certain people in my family would try to put a t-shirt on her or as you can see from the photo above we would have her lay in our beds and we would put our blanket on her (not very sanitary but we were young). She had so much personality for dog. Suki could show so much of her attitude or how she felt by her facial expression. I know that sounds crazy because she was a dog but it was true. I always thought she was a beautiful looking dog as well, She was half Pit bull and half black Labrador.

Now I know that some people out there don't like animals, especially household ones like cats and dogs. But personally I LOVE animals and I very much love dogs. I thought Suki was an awesome pet, even after I moved out I loved coming over to my parent's house and seeing her. I know it might be silly to some people to be so sad at the loss of a pet but my family had her for so long and we loved her as part of the family that I just cried when my Dad called last night and told me. Me and my sister Jericho kept saying to each other that we feel such a loss that we need to have some type of tribute. I guess one of the few ways I feel like I can make a tribute to Suki was to include the sad news on my blog.

No comments: