Friday, January 16, 2009

8 months pregnant!




So I feel like I haven't mentioned this pregnancy that much. Which is crazy because being pregnant has been my identity since July!!! I suppose the reason behind it is cause given the chance to talk about my pregnancy I would have more complaints than positive remarks which I would feel bad about cause I don't want to give people the wrong impression. I am grateful and blessed to have the ability to bear children - not all do so I realize how lucky I am. Also though I have my complaints in actuality I have very healthy pregnancies (well counting the last one and so far in this one).

It has been so different from when I was pregnant with Brody. I am not working 40 hours a week in an office but I am having to keep up with Brody and around 30-35 hours a week I have another toddler to take care of so its different but both tiring. Of course I would take two smiling toddlers over grumpy co-workers any day. I have a different OB this time around. Jake hasn't been able to come with my to most of my appointments cause of his work schedule. Like with Brody, this baby boy moves A LOT. My doctor told me that I should make sure the baby moves at least 10 times throughout the day. No problem there. This baby is moving triple and sometimes quadruple that!!
I am excited to see what he will look like. What his personality is going to be like. Brody had so much personality and facial expressions even from the time he was a newborn. In so many ways I know what to expect when it comes to the care of this baby but with this being my second I have to do all it and take care of Brody. Not stating this as a complaint either just curious how it it will be - adapting a routine, getting used to this new little family member. Will this little boy know he is the second child in this family? Will he know he has an older brother? Will he develop differently because he has another brother to watch and observe and hear? I have gotten advice and heard from many people the way Brody will probably act so I don't think I will be surprised with that.
I guess I am anxious to meet this little guy and interested to see how life will be once he is born. Jake and I have gotten so used to just Brody. By the time this baby comes Brody will be about 3 months shy of his 3rd birthday. I know I have a huge belly and this little life inside me moves but the fact that I am having another child and our family is growing is a bit surreal for me. I am sure I will post about the baby and pregnancy at least once before I have him but I had these feelings and thoughts lately so I thought I'd share.


No comments: