Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lack of New Years photos but I have wedding photos!

So with the recent holidays, Jake and I celebrating our anniversary and then Josh's wedding things have been quite busy and sadly, I wasn't was really bad and didn't take any pictures on New Years Eve or Day. But I took lots of pictures at Josh and Amy's reception (again, forgot to bring my camera to take pictures as they were coming out of the temple).
No reason for these Brody photos, they don't mark a special occasion just my little boy being priceless

Climbing like he always does, eating toast in his pj's on a step latter that was in Josh's room!



Jake worked on the day of our anniversary which was a bummer cause it was on a Tuesday this year and that was the exact day of the week we got married. But on New Years Eve he got off early so we went out to dinner and had a very nice time just being the two of us.
Last year for our anniversary I posted a ton of pictures and spoke all lovey-dovey about Jake and our years of marriage. This year this is just this little collage of photos I put together. Jake and I celebrated 5 years of marriage and also it was New Years Eve 9 years ago that we had our first date so it was a very special day. He doesn't read this blog so I won't go on and say all the mushy stuff. I am grateful for Jake and so happy that no matter what our marriage is happy and healthy!! I really don't think any of these pictures will do the reception and its decor the justice it deserved. It was like a winter wonderland!
Here is the arbor that Cliff built that was used at Sarah's wedding. Jake and Josh fixed it up and it looked great.




In one of the corners there was this shelf decorated perfectly with the rest of the reception and had pictures of Josh and Amy. It was a really unique touch.

These are the paper flowers that Amy and many others have been working on for months. They really look very real and the tables looked SO awesome.

Really, the Stepp girls could give Martha Stewart a run for her money!

I was able to chat a bit with Amber and Chad and play with Ivy for just a few minutes. She is just a bundle of smiles and happiness!

Sorry this is such a dark photo but here is the happy couple greeting guests as they stand under the arbor (Amy's dress was beautiful and suited her perfectly).

And then there was the wedding cake. It looked so beautiful...as weird as it is to say a cake looks beautiful (I guess wedding cakes are the exceptions).

Here is a photo of the other side of the cake

No comments: