Sunday, November 23, 2008

Update on life with us

Here are just some of the going-on with the Miller family as of late....

I had my six month appointment with my OB last week and the baby has a strong heart beat and is growing nicely. Also some kicking has started in just the past month. Even though this is only my second pregnancy I really enjoy the movement from the baby. As with Brody, it makes it feel real, makes me feel bonded to the baby, getting to know the personality of the baby to come and it is just really great and makes me smile. Here is a pregnancy picture. As with many photos I don't love the way I look but I am trying to be more comfortable with how I look plus I want to look back and see what I looked liked when I was pregnant.



Jake has been working a lot. Well no more than what other managers work at Mattress Firm but more than a normal 40 hour work week. But he has also done a few extra things that his bosses have asked him and between that and in general I think he has earned a lot of respect. So recently he got a promotion. Jake was a Manager On Duty and now he is a permanent Manager of the Mattress Firm on Octillo and Arizona Ave. No increase in salary but a great opportunity. I am so proud of him and thankful for his hard work. Even though he isn't doing what he wanted to do after graduating from ASU he is thriving where he is at and in the current state of economy we are blessed that he has a job!


Since Becky moved out there has been some extra room in the house so there were some room changes. Donna moved into where Becky was so now she has her own bathroom and Brody is in the room where Donna was. Its a pretty big room but he will be sharing it with his brother at some point. So to save money we decided there was room enough in the house to empty our storage unit. A couple weeks ago Jake spent his days off after the room change and brought everything here. One of my major responsibilities was situating Brody's room and going through old baby clothes. There were 11 boxes (some were small but still) and 3 garbage bags full of Brody's old clothes. Needless to say we see the blessing in having another boy cause we have plenty of clothes!!! I wanted things separated and organized for when the baby gets here. I bought some tubs and sorted through everything and now that Brody's new room has two closets there is room to store it all. Here is just some of the mess all the stuff made until it was sorted through:




Also there was some baby stuff that was in storage that apparently, even at Brody's age, still are fun to play with.


We found that Brody discovered this in the living room and immediately got in on his own and started playing with it




Unfortunately Brody got pink eye last week. I think he might have gotten it when we went to the park on Thursday. So far none of Brody's cousins who come to our house daily have gotten it which is a relief since it is SO contagious. Other than how bad it looked Brody was happy during the whole thing. But Brody actually responded to the antibiotic really fast and though he is still taking the medicine he doesn't look like he has pink eye!











As I said in the last post Brody has been a handful lately but also extremely adorable and cute and a few days before the yucky pink eye hit I got some great pictures of him.



Eating popcorn in the backyard with cousins (yes he is in just a shirt and a diaper)



This is one of my favorite pictures

Another fav

Of course with his smile this is a big fav as well!

Brody's favorite place to play in the backyard is by the citrus trees




Now onto Thanksgiving and Christmas. Happy Thanksgiving to all who visit this blog

Food, family and thanks!


No comments: