Monday, March 3, 2008

Spotlight on Brody

Yes that title said this is a "spotlight" on Brody. One of the main reasons I keep this blog is to document daily life and happenings like a person would in a journal. I have a baby book for Brody but I would still like to document many of his likes and dislikes and what he is up to. Hopefully those who read will also appreciate it! (FYI - Just wanted to clarify that I probably won't spotlight anyone else)


Brody loves playing with his fire truck full of Legos (he is really lucky to have this hand-me-down from other Miller cousins). Its a great activity he can do while I get stuff done.

Brody has recently discovered he loves chocolate. He hasn't had much in his life so far but these Hershey kisses that he had around Valentine's Day he loves because they are almost bite size. He is also starting to recognize them when they are on the counter which of course leads to a wonderful tantrum!

So I have recently tried to get Brody to eat these, not as much sugar but they are still chocolate and bite size as well. He will eat them but of course there is a noticeable difference of enthusiasm.

This is the aftermath of once Brody is done playing with his books. He LOVES books. He loves to be read to and he loves to look through books on his own as well.

The picture above is just a few of the MANY books Brody has been loving lately. I can tell Brody loves these books specifically because he will bring certain books to me half a dozen times a day. Brody has impressed me and others by sitting patiently and happily through fairly long books (age at least for his age). Lets hope he keeps this habit. Jake and I would love to have a great reader!

I love children's books and the books above in the picture above are a few books I keep trying to read to Brody and he just doesn't have much of an interest. Maybe soon he will enjoy them or I will just accept it and stop trying to force them on him!

This picture is of Brody's "Bear" as we call him (for Family Guy fans Jake and I want Brody to refer to him as Rupert when he starts talking). Bear is Brody's version of a blanky. He can't sleep without it. He loves on it so much. Because it is very much like a blanket except for the head I have to make sure it doesn't get carried around the house during the day. It gets dirty SO fast.

As you can see from the picture above much of the love and attachment Brody has for Bear is because he is partially something Brody can chew on as he is teething.

Brody got his first tooth when he was 3 months old and that for some reason made him not take a binky and he doesn't suck his thumb so Bear is also his only thing he has that can sooth him.

Brody LOVES playing with trains. His friend Gage has worn off on him and now Brody loves Thomas the Train videos and he loves setting up his tracks and pushing the trains around. Brody was lucky enough to get hand-me-down tracks and a couple trains. Hopefully someday he can get some more. Again, its great to see him play for a while and be preoccupied by a toy and not be constantly entertained by adults. Selfishly I love it because I can get stuff done around the house. Brody is also getting pretty good at setting up the tracks on his own.


Its fun to be a mom to Brody and I have loved and cherished every day with him. Even times when I get frustrated with him it is very brief because I can even see his sweet temperament underneath his tantrum. He makes me laugh and brings me joy every time he smiles. I am very thankful for the child that Jake and I have been blessed with.

No comments: