Monday, March 10, 2008

My sister Koria

















I have 5 siblings and I love them all so much. They all have so many remarkable qualities and talents. I don’t want to take away from anyone else but today I would like to focus and brag about one in particular, my younger sister Koria. Koria has been living in Utah for a while going to Esthetician school. This weekend she came down for a visit. It was fun to have her around, even if for a little while. While she was here I really noticed how different she has become. I think it’s mostly because Koria has become her own person, an individual. Now she is still just 19 and she hasn’t been away from home for a really long time but in the short time she has been gone I think it has made an affect on her. Before Koria left she gave me a copy of a poem she wrote. One of the impressive things was that the poem demonstrated some of Koria’s growth and maturity. Not only is the poem really great but I didn’t even realize Koria had that talent. I liked the poem so much I wanted to share it with the people who reads this blog:

Sisters
By Koria Jo Lewis

I have four sisters, seems like a lot
Especially when I think of the times we fought
But having a sister or sisters is the same for everyone
We tend to be very honest with each other
And not in the same way as a brother
We always point out the little flaws
Our intentions are good but out come the claws
Physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental issues
When its all said guaranteed someone needs tissues
So how then do sisters have such a special connection?
When the need is great not a minute too late out comes affection
Flaws aren’t all sisters see, we can sense the pain every once and a while
Sisters can see the hurt in each others eyes when the world is fooled by a smile
And its then you know that your sisters words are needed
Sisters are willing to give them even if you haven’t pleaded
She’ll tell you what you need to do with out causing a fight
And if she’s wrong she’ll still tell you everything will be alright
Either way her words are full of love and comfort
Friends just can’t always take away the hurt
You were raised with your sister or sisters
You’ve seen all each others blood and blisters
Sisters are all the same even if we’re different
Even if they don’t give back the shirt you leant
Who would I be with out my sisters?

1 comment:

Tatum said...

That is such a good poem! SOOO true.