Thursday, February 28, 2008

I have a full heart today!





















I know this is sort of silly and mushy to post about but I am going to anyway. Last night as I was getting ready for bed I was just overwhelmed by this thankful and grateful feeling towards my life. I have a wonderful marriage to an amazing man who has not only worked hard to provide for our family but also worked hard at school. Even with all those responsibilities Jake still takes time out of his day to help out and he makes sure to show me and Brody how much he loves us. After more than 4 years of marriage I still love spending time with Jake. I am lucky to go through life with such a wonderful partner.

I have a handsome and adorable little boy who, though I complain about it at times about the attachment, is constantly showing me how much he loves me. Even though I am with Brody all day everyday he doesn't get bored or sick of me. He is growing and learning everyday and I love seeing that and being a part of that. He is active and very fun. I don't get bored taking care of him because I love playing with him.

Even though there are times where Jake and I talk about wanting a family car or more living space its just talk - its not a complaint. We both know that we have want we need and live a comfortable life. We always have enough food (sometimes too much as we both have love handles now).
I also feel lucky to be able to live in a fun household. Jake and I have a close relationship with his Mom, Becky and Josh one of the reasons is because we live with them. Unlike many children Brody has the opportunity to live with an Aunt, Uncle and his Grandma! There are also many other family members and friends that I feel so grateful to have in my life. They have all blessed my life with a lot of happiness and much joy.

There are many around the world that don't have homes, go hungry and don't have a happy family. I am blessed and very lucky. I am constantly thanking the Lord for all that he has given to me in my life.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Awwww it is always good to look at things in perspective. Whenever I get into the rut of wanting more I try to be grateful for what I have! And you are so lucky to live with Donna, Becky, & Josh. Everyday with them is an adventure and mealtimes are the best! I was reminded of how much I miss it when I was out there!