Monday, May 11, 2009

Best Mother's Day!

I was filled with so much love on Mother's Day that I just had to share wonderful day.

Firstly, Jake let me sleep in. With a crazy toddler and a newborn who wakes in the night still this is the ideal present - if he did nothing else this would have been the best present. Second, Jake came in the bedroom with Brody in his arms. Jake played a video of him and Brody making me a Mother's Day card. Then they gave me the card. This was special for me because with Brody not even able to say Mommy or any words its nice see the experience of making the card.

Jake bought flowers and a sweet card. Since my kids are too little to do anything on their own for Mother's Day Jake did an amazing job pampering me and making me feel special because I am the mother of his children!!
Then Jake made me and his Mom a delicious Mother's Day breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage, strawberries, and to top everything off Jake made his famous and super hummy french toast (the secret he uses Texas Toast bread) also the cinnamon and sugar make it fabulous.

Normally Jake works Sunday (such is the unfortunate life of working retail) but he had an arrangement with his co-worker that, since he wanted to leave early, Jake could come in late. So after the filling breakfast Jake and I were able to cuddle on the couch while Ryan was relaxed in Jake's arms. Brody played and was in and out of the room. I sat there with my husband and my two little ones and was very grateful for my blessings (making Jake's crappy job and financial problems disappear from my mind).

Then once Jake left, Donna and I got the boys done up and went to church. Everything was great and very inspiring and uplifting. There was a hand out with quotes and words about women and motherhood and a part that spoke to me was:


"A Mother's Love is something that no one can explain,
It is made of deep devotion and of sacrifice and pain,
It is endless and unselfish and enduring come what may
For nothing can destroy it or take that love away.

It believes beyond believing when the world around condemns,

And it glows with all the beauty of the rarest, brightest gems."


To top the day off we had a wonderful dinner with Jake's family where we replicated Costa Vita's sweet pork salads and burritos. SOOO GOOD!

Time with family, ate delicious food and my soul was inspired - nothing better and exactly what I would even hope to want on a day honoring Mothers.


No comments: