Monday, June 7, 2010

A short getaway


So I have no pictures at all to share or prove as evidence but this weekend me and my best friend Amber drove to California to visit our other best friend Natalie. Natalie along with her husband Matt and three adorable children recently moved to a place called Temecula.


It was a short weekend trip which was sort of nice cause it meant no extra planning for a sitter (Jake is home on the weekend), I only had to take one bag and shorter trips mean less expenses.


I was able to be with Natalie and Amber for an ENTIRE weekend which means hours upon hours of chatting and catching up...especially for me and Amber on the way there and back.


As much as I love and adore my little ones it was a nice stress free weekend. I had no worries and stresses that come with children and traveling with children.


It was wonderful to see Natalie's new home and life in Cali. I am so happy for the opportunity her and Matt had to move there. Temecula is really beautiful city.


Also nice to get away from the everyday life of taking care of my kids, the heat of Arizona, taking care of other kids, maintaining a house and everything that comes with it.


I also loved coming back. Experiencing the happiness and joy that comes from a weekend away. So excited come home to people I love and know how much I love and enjoy Jake and my little boys.


It is silly cause it was just a short simple, relaxing, hanging out weekend but a lot of good came from it and since I had no pictures from the trip I wanted to post something about it.
.

This picture of course wasn't from the trip but it is the most recent pictures of "my girls". My best friends, these women who have always been there for me no matter how crazy my life or their life is - you know those friends you can tell anything to and that you can laugh hysterically with at 3:30 in the morning till your cheeks hurt. Yes, these are the amazing women who I was able to spend an entire weekend with. I am not one of those people who have a ton of friends. I have always had a few close friends. But what is great is that I don't have to worry about gossiping, backbiting, fights, arguments or anything petty. We are lifelong, eternal friends and these women are a place of solace and refuge in life. They are great and wonderful and I am so blessed to have them in my life.

No comments: