Monday, April 26, 2010

Someone Special



I know everyone adores that special person in their life. I am no different, Jake is my special someone. He makes me laugh when he quotes a part of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse appropriately in a conversation or he sings the Wonder Pets theme song. He has hilarious stories from work. Jake also has many other humorous qualities. Jake helps as much as he can despite working full time and working on his masters degree full time. Jake does all that someone can do to make me, his wife, feel loved.

This week I felt extra loved. I had a tough week. Ryan was sick last Sunday, then by Tuesday Brody was sick and then on Wednesday Jake was sick. I luckily never got it. But between being sick, having two extra kids that I take care of during the day and some sick people I had my hands full. Not to mention Brody has been at home more cause one of his programs stopped being funded by his state health insurance. With any child a routine is important and then a child with autism it is even more essential. Brody's routine had changed. Plus he is getting less help and therapy without going to this program. So now that he is at home he is acting out and his behavior this last week was pretty bad, especially when you compare it to the improvements he had been making over the past few months.

So Jake knowing how tough it was bought flowers, wrote a sweet love note, tried to help with the kids, let me request a horribly delicious hamburger and fries one night to give me comfort! There were other things he did and every little and big thing helped either take the burden off or comfort my emotional frustrations. Sometimes someone just wants to be understood and their frustrations justified.

I am grateful that Jake is in this with me. I am glad that even though he isn't always literally here to help he can listen to the venting and truly know and understand it all.

I think the romance and the love in our marriage has really helped me stay happy and positive throughout the tough times.
I hope everyone either has that special someone and cherishes them OR that they can find that special someone.

No comments: