Wednesday, August 12, 2009

6 months

My little baby Ry guy or Ry Ry as well call him is 6 months on August 13th! Crazy how fast it has gone by. I am not sure if I am busy with Brody and Ryan this time around but when it was just Brody those first 6 months were so slow to go by. Not that I cared much. I loved lying by him and just staring at him. I didn't work at the time so I just soaked up all of the time I had with him cause I knew I would have to find a way to earn some extra money. Looking back I am so glad I had those first six months. Brody and I would take naps together and I would entertain him a lot. Poor Ryan just has me, Brody and Evan to entertain him by watching me go everywhere doing all sorts of things and watching Brody and Evan running and playing with toys he can't reach and even if he could he doesn't have the motor skills to really hold them yet! I mean he still gets enough attention but it is different being the second born for sure.


Ryan has two teeth, rolls over, tries to eat his feet and somehow he moves a lot without actually crawling. Ryan hats tummy time and tells me by screaming, crying and spitting up! He loves interaction though. Singing and talking to him and just plain eye contact is enough to make him smile and giggle - like you have made his day. It doesn't matter who you are either. Whether you are Grandma, a cousin or someone who sits behind us at church.


Ryan loves watching Evan and Brody but he is so quick to get frustrated cause he wants to be a big boy. Whether it is a walker or a jumper it is fun for a little while then once he realizes he isn't going anywhere he gets made. Ryan is VERY easily frustrated holding things and trying to get somewhere cause he is desperate to accomplish those things but he doesn't realize he is just a baby. He coos, giggles, squeals and chatters a lot. Ryan LOVES to kick. He eats more and more baby food everyday. I started him on rice cereal at 3 months but wasn't good about giving it to him more than a half a dozen times a week. I have gradually gotten better and when he was 5 months we started on baby food. Ryan has now ate, deluded with rice cereal, bananas, applesauce, peas, pears, carrots and squash. With the teething Ryan has gone from my sweet tempered, great sleeper and happy baby to fussy, fidgety, restless and constantly waking up before nap time is over. Though Ryan is only my second baby, he is following Brody's example. Brody was an angel in every way till he got teeth. So intermittently between the bad teething I will see glimpses of my dear sweet baby Ryan. But that is the life of a baby and the life of the mother taking care of him. No complaining just sharing and recording.


We love our little Ryan. Soon comes the crawling and drooling!!

Recently we got Brody's old walker out. Ryan likes being able to move around...though he has only mastered going backwards. But he is just barely 6 months so we will cut him a break!


Surprise, surprise, look who wants to be in the same thing Ryan plays with!
First time with straight carrots!!
Here is another fun thing for Ryan to play with - now he can work on one of his favorite things to do...jumping!

Thanks Aunt Jada for letting me borrow this

I think this is Ryan's first picture taking a bath!

What a cutie - and his foot is conveniently covering the spot that makes me feel bad about posting naked pictures!!






P.S. Koria left for the MTC today!!

No comments: