Friday, March 20, 2009

Shouldn't be happening but life isn't fair

My little newborn is sick. He has the stomach flu AND an ear infection. That shouldn't happen to a baby and one so young at that! Also as a mother, I rarely like to complain because its a wonderfully job I have to be raising children. Plus I chose this life. But I will take this time to tell of something else that shouldn't be happening - my toddler messing with his poop! Brody likes to have, what I have started calling, "poop parties". It usually happens at nap time and occasionally when he is unsupervised in the playroom or at night when he is suppose to be sleeping. I have called them poop parties because when he is caught in the act Brody smiles and squeals in joy and then you see that he has used his hands to, in a heyday of excitement, spread the poop around the room (usually walls and/or clothes and/or bedding). Unfortunate to other's theories these parties have not started since we have brought Ryan home. No, Jake and I are lucky that our rambunctious little Bro Bro started his poop parties, on a regular basis, a couple weeks before Ryan was born.


With a newborn, these poop parties are very frustrating, inconvenient and, as all would agree, disgusting to deal with. This week has been particularly be horrible to have a toddler who has poop parties and a newborn who is throwing up and having diarrhea round the clock. Yes, such is the life of a mother and yes I am choosing this time to complain.


I would like to take this opportunity to thank the TV show of The West Wing for getting me through my tough days and difficult nights. I started at the beginning of the show and now am half-way through the 4th season. The Democratic President Barlet and his staff helped to get my mind off the fact that I was loosing sleep and has helped sustain my sanity. Rob Lowe who plays Sam Seaborn is about to leave the show and that has been very difficult for me to accept because I love him (yes I knew it was coming) other than that it has been great - Thanks


- Barlet for America!!


No comments: