Monday, September 22, 2008

Missing my man!

Jake left for Houston, TX on Saturday and won't be back till Friday! He is there for training for his new job at Mattress Firm. Jake and I aren't apart that often (actually he has only taken two other trips without me since we have been married - one was for a couple days and the other was 5 or 6 days).


I fully admit and know its cliche and mushy but its only been a couple days that Jake has been gone but I miss him like crazy. We have known each other for so many years and have been married now for almost 5 years so being apart for very long is tough for both of us. We are like newlyweds who want to spend all their extra time together - which hasn't always been easy over the years with school, jobs and more recently a kid. When Jake goes on trips without me not only do we miss being around each other but we both have a tough time falling asleep (I am sure many couples have a difficult time because you get used to having that person sleep next to you). So I guess its true, we are that lovey-dovey, romantic and mushy couple.

Not only has Jake being gone been tough on me but I feel like the whole house feels different without him. Though Brody can't say or express it, I know he misses Jake too.

I suppose looking on the bright side of the situation I can turn the feelings of missing Jake into feelings of gratitude that I have the life, marriage and family that I have. I am truly happy and thankful to have Jake in my life at all let alone as my husband.

No comments: