Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Trash is a toy




Since Ryan was born there has never been a toy that really keeps Ryan's attention or serves as a distraction.

Ryan has always made toys out of straws, spoons, phones, xbox controllers, DVD cases and DVD's, cups and more. Most of these things he hurries and grabs quickly and sometimes when you are not looking.

Since Ryan has started walking he has dubbed the recycle bin in our house his own toy bin. He will walk around with, play or scatter empty cereal boxes, empty milk cartons, and all of the many other items in a recycle bin.

The other days I caught Ryan running around with an empty metal can. Naturally I took it away and was upset cause he could have really cut himself on the sharp edges.

Ryan screamed and cried when I took it away from him. His reaction was as if I just dashed his hopes and dreams. It took him a good 10 minutes to calm down.

I just had to tell this little blurp about him because in years to come I would like to remember how silly Ryan is.

No comments: