Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Big change....a toddler bed!

It was a big and strange change in our house last night. Jake and I went and bought Brody a toddler bed. In the end Brody was up out of his bed till 11 pm playing around in his room with his toys until he fell asleep with his blanket on the floor. So I am sure it will be a couple crazy and late nights for him but I guess its all part of our little boy growing up!!

This is his crib taken apart. Brody has slept in this since he was 4 months old!!

I know its not like this little bed needed a master craftsman to put it together but I was thankful to have Jake just the same

Yes, its small but his bedroom is small and he is not a very big kid anyway

How cute is this bed!!

I wish I could have manuvered the camera so that I was able to take a picture or video of his initial reaction when he first saw the bed because it was so adorable.


When I put the new Thomas the Train pillow case on the pillow and put it on the bed Brody's face just lit up and he had the biggest smile then he slapped his hands on the pillow. Again, wish I would have gotten a picture of that but I at least got this which was a minute after the initial reaction and he is still looking at the trains on the pillowcase.

Except for his Thomas blanket here is how the bed looks now. The sheet have Thomas the Train and a couple of his buddies all over it which leads us to the next picture....

Here is Brody looking at all the little trains on his new sheet.

Okay I know this picture is out of focus but let me explain: I really wanted to get a picture of how Brody looked asleep in his new bed after the first night. So I had to turn the flash on which is why the room looks so bright even though it was dark but I didn't want to be in his room too long and wake him up so I was quick to take the picture which probably why the picture is out of focuse but still, how cute is Brody in his big bed

No comments: