Sunday, December 2, 2007

December is here, Christmas is near!



Living in Arizona the month of December is great because it finally starts to be cold enough for a person to wear a jacket, pants and closed-toed shoes. I know to some people that might sound strange since in most other parts of the world they are experiencing lots of cold weather and have been for a while. But that is Arizona weather for you. Being a native of Arizona I haven't experienced living in cold weather so I guess at this time of the year I should be grateful that I live where its not too cold. But I am silly and wish that I could wear sweaters, hats, scarves, gloves and coats especially for more than one month out of the year. I suppose if I ever get the chance to live in a colder climate I might feel differently. Until that time I will wish for a longer cold season.

Well like most people I love the holiday season. There are so many memories associated with Christmas and New Years and I am proud to say I have so many great ones. I grew up in a family with wonderful Christmas traditions. Even though this will be Brody's second Christmas he still is not the age yet to really get into Christmas. But thinking about future Christmases has Jake and I excited for the traditions our family can continue or start new. I guess that is the beauty of Christmas - as soon as you grow out of the wonder and surprise and excitement of Christmas as a child you can hopefully get to the stage in life of having your own children and then help create that surprise and excitement for them.



No comments: