Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My son, the exhibitionist!

** DISCLAIMER: I AM BEING VERY CAREFUL NOT TO SHOW TOO MUCH OF MY SON IN THIS POST BUT THERE ARE SOME LITTLE BUTT SHOTS IN THIS POST SO BEWARE OF YOUR SENSE OF PROPRIETY (cause I apparently don't have any of my own)!!

So lately Brody likes to be naked, in fact he has proven lately, he LOVES to be naked. If he could have it his way he would never have clothes on. It is subtle at times. Brody doesn't always take off his clothes. It is when I have my guard down. I decided to post about this quirk of Brody's because of what happened in nursery on Sunday. I was called out of Sunday School because, you guessed it, Brody took off his shoes and socks, pants AND DIAPER while in nursery! Some say, "oh that is a good sign, he just doesn't like his wet diaper." Well to those who say that I politely reply BULL****!! You give my son too much credit and forget he likes to create and be trouble. Cute as can be and sweet as ever but trouble nonetheless. There are many other times that Brody keeps on wet diapers. It is just occasionally, at the wrong time and sometimes when he is bored he decides to strip. Then he just goes back to playing with trains or sitting on the couch. I discover his exposure, so to speak, and he looks at me as if to say, "oh, hey Mom" like nothing is the matter and everything is just as normal as can be. So I paint this picture to illustrate Brody's quirk and to show how hilarious his lack of reaction is. I say hilarious and it is, which makes it difficult for me to be mad and not show my natural reaction which would be to laugh. Unless there is poop involved then that is no laughing matter!

Another recent incident was the evening of the fourth of July. He didn't have a nap that day (cause he fought it after two hours in his room). So he crashed around 8 pm. Before Jake and I went to bed we went to check on him. He has been asleep for a while by then. The picture below is what we found.


Then when it comes to playing in the water Brody does not care for his swim shorts or his swim diaper. There have been countless times I have tried and he just spends a few minutes in them and then takes it off. Those swim diapers are expensive so I stopped trying. There are times we are outside and he has this little plastic pond that we use for a little play pool. He will run around, play with balls and cars and then starts taking off his clothes, comes to get me and take me to the hose to turn it on, "Oh Brody you want to play with the water...is that what you trying to tell me"! Sometimes his lack of words makes for Brody displaying what he wants in a funny and obvious way!
So here are some pictures of Brody's fun naked time! Also I have included some pictures of Brody and his little toy. It is a car that he used to push around the house when he was first learning to walk. When stuff in the house got crowded it was put outside. You can see how old it looks from the sun and much use. Over the past almost 6 months it is as if Brody has rediscovered it. He loves it and takes it with him all over. Brody pushed it on the new slip n' slide, he pushes it up and down the slide, he puts it on the swing and as you can see, he puts it in the water with him !



No comments: